Thursday, March 18, 2010

sweet St. Patrick's Day...

St. Patrick's Day in the past, has been a holiday that often gets overlooked. Sure we wear the color green in fear of someones pinch happy fingers and growing up, on occasion my mom would make corned beef and cabbage to pay homage to our Irish roots. But for the most part, our lives would be too busy to plan ahead and would rather save our energy for a more important holiday... like Easter. This year however, with my parents in Ireland... I decided to do a little something extra.
Morgan and I baked and decorated clover cookies.
We watched Darby O'Gill and the Little People,
and I made a special dinner, which included Irish Champ (mashed potatoes with green onions),peppered pork tenderloin with dijon sauce and green beans. Ok, so it may not me the most authentic, but it was delicious and a great tribute to our Irish ancestors and my parent's hard work in Ireland now.
Who knows... maybe next year we'll go on a hunt for the gold of a naughty leprechaun.

3 comments:

Sheryl Towers said...

How fun! I wish it wasn't so late when we get out of the temple and we would have come by for a cookie, they look yummy!

Jessica said...

I want to eat one of those cookies right now! Yummy!

L McD said...

This was so cute. I love the shamrock cookies. You and Morgan did a "brilliant" job. Love you for thinking of us. MOM and DAD