Monday, August 24, 2009

3rd Grade...day 1


At the beginning of every school year I am amazed that my child is old enough to be in the next grade level. This year is no exception. Sean who will be turning eight this week is now and will be for the next 9 1/2 months an official THIRD GRADER! Am I getting old... or is it just him? Because I don't feel old enough to have a THIRD GRADER. Yet, here we are... on the first day of school. Sean of course is super excited that he is another grade level higher but already dreads the homework that will be sure to come. I am positive that he will have a fantastic year as he learns cursive writing, more multiplication facts and the solar system, yet at the same time he will be counting the days until next year's summer vacation.

So, Morgan and I are home, hanging out together...wishing she were at school too. In fact, this morning as we were getting ready to take Sean, she asked if she got to start school today too. Sadly I had to tell her no... kindergarten will have to wait one more year, but that in two weeks she can go to another year of preschool. Disappointed, she asked if she could have her picture taken too. She of course couldn't resist being a ham for the camera.

Here we are outside Sean's classroom waiting for school to start with our friend Ellie.
GOOD LUCK in 3rd grade Sean... We LOVE you!

2 comments:

L McD said...

Have a great 3rd grade year, Sean. We love you. Gr'ma and Gr'pa.

Angela said...

So Cute! Wish we could teach Joy School together!! Sure love you Kristen!
Love,
Angela